samedi 28 janvier 2012

January

On January 3rd, I had to go back to school. At first I wasn't in the mood at all, but when I saw all my friends again, I was happy to be back. School is going fine. It's not always easy getting up in the morning to catch the bus. Well the same thing would be in Switzerland, so :) This month we have had
a lot of rain, which doesn't make it easier being in the mood leaving the house. I would prefer snow, but it's just not cold enough. Well winter is not over yet :)

On January 2nd were exactly 4 months I have been in France. How time flies... I mean sometimes I had really hard periods, where I wanted to go home immediately. But when I think about that I’ve already past my Birthday and Christmas, it seems incredible.

 It’s cool that I found some activities to do. Every Wednesday I go to an art class with my host mom and my host grandma. It’s in a town about 20 minutes away. At the moment we’re working with water color. At the beginning it was really hard, but as more as I do it I got better in it J Every Thursday I go dancing with my little host sister and my host mom’s sister in law. Maybe you’ve already have heard about it, it’s a Latin dance -inspired fitness program called Zumba. It’s so much fun, we are like about 100 people in a big gym and the teachers (a guy and a girl) are on a podium demonstrating the dance. It’s a great opportunity to do a bit of sport and keep my weight J In France the food is just delicious, believe me!  So like all of us (all exchange students) have gained some kilos J




The first weekend in January I spent at my Mexican’s friend’s house. She’s called Tita and is from the East-coast of Mexico. Hadsune (Japanese) and Clara( Brazilian), two other exchange students were there as well too. We went to the movies and had such a great time. The movie was called HOLLYWOO with the French actress called Florence Foresti. It was so funny, we were laughing the whole 2 hours :)



I spent the night with them in Maubeuge, where Tita lives. We talked a lot and had a lot of fun. That Sunday was the day called Épiphanie. We ate the traditional Galette des Rois. (like in Switzerland: Drei Königskuchen) And I got the ‘’fève’’, which is the piece in the cake J That’s why I was the queen of the day and was allowed to wear the crown.
Galette des rois

From left: Tita, Clara, Nicole, Hadsune

Nicole the queen for the day :D

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire