dimanche 25 décembre 2011

Vacances de Toussaint

Starting October 22nd, we were on vacation until November 3rd. The first week I visited Valenciennes, which is a city about a half of an hour away from my village, with other exchange students. That week we also went to Lille and went to a museum of art. We went shopping and just enjoyed the time together. The rest of the time I stayed at  home with my family and did different little activities with them.
Sylwia (a polish AFS girl) and me in Valenciennes
Federica( from Italy) and me in the museum of Art in Lille

On October 29th, my hostfamily took me to Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands. We left in the morning around 7 o'clock and arrived about at lunch time. We stayed in a hotel not far away from the center. I shared the room with my hostsister Louise. Théo didn't want to come, so he stayed with my aunt's family for the weekend.  The first day we just walked around a bit, did some shopping, went to the port and went on a awesome boat ride. The second day, we to the museum of the famous artist Vincent Van Gogh. That was pretty interesting. That evening we ate in a Chinese restaurant, which was awesome. My hostfamily loves Chinese food and so do I :) The last day we just took some pictures, bought some souvenirs and got ready for the 3 hour ride home. Amsterdam was really nice! I really liked the whole city, with the port and also that we didn't have any problems to communicate. Although I didn't understand one word in Dutch, everybody could talk in English.

My hostmom, sister, and dad in Amsterdam
Louise and me in front of the house of Anne Frank

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire